The INSPIA project (European Index for Sustainable Productive Agriculture) will demonstrate sustainable productive agriculture through the implementation of Best Management Practices (BMPs) and the measurement and monitoring of a set of indicators. INSPIA promotes sustainable practices that protect and improve biodiversity, soil and water, and contribute to deliver ecosystems services.
Delivered in partnership with the European Conservation Agriculture Federation (ECAF) and l’Institute de l’Agriculture Durable (IAD), INSPIA cooperates with farmers across more than 50 project farms in France, Spain, Belgium and Denmark, with the main objectives of:
- Providing a farm sustainability index based on verifiable indicators
- Creating a farm network for monitoring and validation of BMPs
- Demonstrating BMPs contribute to sustainability in European agriculture
- Promoting sustainable agricultural practices
- Raising awareness among EU stakeholders